Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time

Really interesting instrumentation here. I like the fusion. This is really great but you've certainly improved in the last year even! I love me a key change, so I'm glad you make good use of them in your tracks, often :)

Miyolophone responds:

Oh man, is this a blast from the past :P
And key changes make everything better, don't they?

Market Day (KindLing A0S1) Market Day (KindLing A0S1)

Damn that part at 2:05 was so good. There's a lot that I can learn from your approach to your own music that would help me in mine. That subtle keydrop at 2:31 that is almost unnoticeable was a really nice touch too. The guitar could do with sounding a little more humanised. The velocity of the notes all seems a bit too even. The music box sample is really nice. The violin... viola??? could do with being a lot more humanised too. :) I love your composition style though. Something really special about your work.

Miyolophone responds:

Yeah, totally agree about the humanization on this one... I need to do some revisions but I keep forgetting. Glad you enjoyed though!

astrEnfant astrEnfant

Your attention to detail really adds a lot to your work. Those subtle reverses are an eargasm. Really enjoyed the seciont at 1:28. Is that a dizi flute vst? Sounds super nice. Really nice melodies throughout the track! Your mixing is bright and everything sits in the mix very clearly. That part at 3:07 was great too. And at 3:17. And all of it. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Miyolophone responds:

Thanks Jordi! The flute (shakuhachi, technically) is just from the Kontakt factory library and when I stumbled on it I knew I'd have to work it in somehow...

Mandragora Mandragora

I'm not aware of M2U or Nicode or anything ...oops. But this was thoroughly enjoyable!

Miyolophone responds:

Thank you! You should totally check them out haha they're amazing

It Will Blow Over It Will Blow Over

Thanks, I thought I was alone for a while!
That part at 2:42 is so damn satisfying to listen to. As usual, really catchy track. I think the mix sounds a bit underwhelming for the most part. The string/pads doesn't really shine through too much in my opinion, and the track could do with some more bass to really flesh it all out. I feel that the percussion could pack a bit more of a punch too. I like that you mentioned 'Christmas' in your genre because the bells were transporting me to December. Hope you go back to this track because it's really good! :)

McGorilla42 responds:

Thanks for the comment, Jordi

Yeah, I feel like the success of this rested largely on the mix because it isn't a hugely impressive track when it comes to the composition, and it falls short in that regard on a few fronts. Again, I'd rather not point out what I feel is wrong where everyone can read it but I think you can probably tell from what you wrote ;) Also, no lyrics RIP.

A Simple Composition A Simple Composition

So damn beautiful.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

An Fáinne Nua (The New Ring) An Fáinne Nua (The New Ring)

Very relaxing. :)

frootza responds:

That was the idea :P I wonder where that sweet harp came from? :thinking:

The Horror of Self The Horror of Self

Thank you for this. I've not heard of Hildegard von Bingen, but she sounds fascinating. Research time!

Colour in Greyness Colour in Greyness

I'm glad you are the sixteenth submission this round. Well deserved I think! I can tell you worked hard on this track and it was a pleasure to listen to.

Adjeye responds:

I am still kind of curious to what Phonometrologist would have made if he didn't pass the opportunity over to me. I am glad you liked it tho!

O Mysterium O Mysterium

You've got a new fan. I love the style of your work! It's very inspiring.